Dunedin Mardi Gras Parade – Mar 5, 2019
!!!PLEASE READ THIS REGISTRATION THOROUGHLY!!!
TSL is Unit 37
• TSL is Unit 37 – staging is along west side of the Dunedin Blue Jays “Florida Auto Exchange stadium and Public Library on Douglas Ave between Union St and Beltrees St
• 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM - Float expected in staging NO ENTRY PRIOR TO 4:00 PM
• 5:30 PM – ALL MUST BE IN STAGING
• 6:45 PM – Krewe picture by float in staging
• 7:00 PM Parade begins –
• Light sandwiches and chips will be set up by float
Disbanding – Parade ends at the corner of Douglas Ave and Skinner Blvd. ALL units will be instructed to turn right. Mardi Gras parade marshals will direct the float to either the right or left at the end of Douglas to disband. Listen to TSL Team Security when it is safe to disband.
• Once YOU are off the float continue to the left of the “parade end” sign and proceed north to Skinner Blvd and turn left on the side walk to the Pinellas Trail. Continue on the Pinellas Trail back towards downtown (toward Huntley Ave)
Thieves MUST be in full TSL costume –
1.) White dress and peplum, tanned-colored pantyhose, black “boy-shorts” over panty hose, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
2.) Tunic, peplum, black leggings, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
3.) Black skirt, vest, top/sleeves, tanned-colored pantyhose, black “boy-shorts” over panty hose, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
4.) Optional TSL hat, TSL headband
5.) TSL cape can be worn during the parade. Outer wear (other than TSL cape) can be worn in staging and MUST be removed once the parade starts. TSL cape is the only outer wear during the parade
6.) Encouraged to wear Mardi Gras themed color light-up bling, head wear, accessories – Let’s light up “Mardi Gras” at this parade!
ALL costumes MUST be reviewed prior to future 2019 parades. If you have not had yours reviewed, there is still time at the Mardi Gras parade in staging from 5:00 PM- 5:30 PM. See any Board Member.
Beads: TSL bead colors – red, gold, white, and black, you may add Mardi Gras themed colors (purple, green)
Thieves Bead Certification and Hold Harmless Waiver – ALL Thieves are required to have a signed waiver - See Claudia at staging.
Parking will be limited. As the parade start time approaches, traffic in the area will become very congested, and many streets will be closed to traffic. Limited parking at the Stadium lots and on the streets; encouraged to “car-pool” or Uber.
Staging: Be respectful of the businesses and homes in the staging area. Dumpsters will be available for trash. Please clean up prior to parade start.
• 2 guest per Thief
• ALL guests must sign a liability waiver – available on TSL website or in staging, see Claudia
• $25 fee per guest. ALL GUEST FEES MUST BE PAID BEFORE PARADE DATE. THERE WILL BE NO TRANSACTIONS IN STAGING.
• ALL guest must wear “pirate” attire and MUST be over 21 years of age
What to do AFTER the parade? Join your sister Thieves and others at Kelly’s 319 Main Street downtown Dunedin
General Rules of Participation:
• TSL parade rules are ALWAYS in effect. A copy is on our website
• No throwing beads in the staging area.
• Refrain from throwing beads at the end of the parade
Safety Comes First PLEASE:
• Do not run up to back of the float and jump on for any reason. Wait until the float slows or is completely stopped, and TSL security will assist you
• Do not sit on any of the floats shelfs or railings while in staging or during the parade
• Watch where you are stepping/walking – for beads, debris, and potholes. Security has been informed to be aware to assist with this
• Listen to TSL Team Security