Gasparilla Parade – Jan 26, 2019
!!!PLEASE READ THIS REGISTRATION THOROUGHLY!!!
· 10:00 AM - Buses to staging leave PROMPTLY from Embassy Suites 513 S Florida Ave – Cost to ride is $10 per person (cash only). Security, DJ Brad, and bartenders ride for free. Wristbands available at Thieves and the City Friday social, and Embassy Suites lobby, and Marriott Hotel lobby Saturday morning.
· TSL is Unit 39A&B – near W Julia on Bayshore (see attached map)
· Light sandwiches and chips will be set up by float. It is a long day, so please eat something.
· If you will not be riding the bus please be in staging by 1:00 PM
· 1:30 PM – Krewe picture by float in staging
· 2:00 PM Parade begins – Parade route: Bay to Bay, proceed down Bayshore, across Little Bayshore to Brorein St, right on Brorein St to Ashley St, left on Ashley St to the parade end at Cass St. WE WILL THEN DISBAND AS DIRECTED BY THE Tampa Police Department (see below disbanding info from YMKG)
The official parade end is on Ashley St and Cass St. After passing the official end, we will be directed by the Tampa Police on when to stop. FLOATS CAN NOT STOP UNTIL given the OK by parade marshals, and Tampa police. YMKG will attempt to make the disbanding more efficient and will have the buses in close proximity to where our floats will be stopped. TSL buses will be in quadrant 2 (Gilchrist and Cass) (see attached map). At this time, please move quickly off the float, as we have a limited time in this area to disband. Proceed to the buses to ride back to the Embassy Suites.
Thieves MUST be in full TSL costume –
1.) White dress and peplum, tanned-colored pantyhose, black “boy-shorts” over panty hose, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
2.) Tunic, peplum, black leggings, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
3.) Black skirt, vest, top/sleeves, tanned-colored pantyhose, black “boy-shorts” over panty hose, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
4.) TSL hat, TSL headband
5.) TSL cape can be worn during the parade. Outer wear (other than TSL cape) can be worn in staging and MUST be removed once the parade starts. TSL cape is the only out wear during the parade.
Beads: TSL bead colors – red, gold, white, and black. PLEASE remove from the plastic bags before the parade begins and secure the plastic bags so they do not end up into the BAY. If possible, do this prior to dropping your beads off.
Stepp’s Float Yard gate will be open for a bead drop Thur, Jan 24 2:00PM-9:00PM and Fri, Jan 25 2:00PM-9:00PM
Thieves Bead Certification and Hold Harmless Waiver – ALL Thieves are required to have a signed waiver. If you were absent from the General Membership meeting Jan 8, or received an email reminder from Sergeant at Arms regarding one was not on file, waivers will be available, see Claudia:
· Friday at the Thieves and the City Social, City Dog Cantina 1208 E Kennedy Blvd - 5:00PM-7:30PM
· Parade Day – Embassy Suites 513 S Florida and Marriott 700 S Florida Ave lobbies – 8:30AM-9:00AM
Wristbands for buses, parade staging, and T-spot – See Jeanne and/or Claudia:
· Friday at the Thieves and the City Social - 5:00PM-7:30PM
· Parade Day – Embassy Suites and Marriott lobbies – 8:30AM-9:00AM
Buses $10, cash please, T-Spot $20, cash please.
General Rules of Participation:
· TSL parade rules are ALWAYS in effect. A copy is on our website
· Wristbands required for staging and are for TSL ONLY (available at Thieves and the City social, Embassy Suites lobby and Marriot Hotel lobby on Saturday)
· No throwing beads in the staging area. No throwing beads in the Bay
· While in staging the parade marshals advise all of us to stay out of the street to allow vehicles through
· No loud music in staging area
· Refrain from throwing beads at the end of the parade AS SOON AS we enter Cass St
· Cut off the music AS SOON AS we enter Cass St
Please click the registration link at the end of this email. Thank you.