Children’s Gasparilla Parade – Jan 19, 2019
· PLEASE NOTE: CHANGE IN TIME FOR BUSES LEAVING WESTSHORE – be at buses BY 12:30 PM
· 1:00 PM - Buses to staging leaves PROMPTLY from Westshore Mall – buses will be at the bus depot near Sears. Cost to ride is $10 per person (cash only). Security, military families, and DJ Brad ride for free.
· TSL is Unit 41 - between W Bay Court Ave and W Bay Vista Ave on Bayshore (see attached map)
· 3:00 PM – Krewe picture by float in staging
· 3:30 PM Parade begins
· Wrist bands required for staging (available on bus ride)
· Waivers for children, adult guest, and Thieves bead certification/hold harmless REQUIRED
· NO CONSUMPTION OR PROCESSION OF ALCOHOL (EventFest policy)
If you are not riding the bus from Westshore, Unit 41 is staged between W Bay Court Ave and W Bay Vista Ave on Bayshore (see attached map)
Waivers can be turned into the Sergeant, Claudia, on the bus, or in staging. Minor waivers MUST be notarized. No notary will be available at the float. ALL waivers available on the Thieves website.
Disbanding – past Edison and Bayshore. NO disbanding until instructed by TPD and float has come to a complete STOP. If riding the bus back to Westshore, buses will be staged on the southbound lanes of Bayshore Blvd. If you rode the bus to staging and will not be riding back to Westshore, PLEASE inform Claudia or Jeanne.
· 12 and under (no children in diapers) MUST ride the float on the upper deck.
· Children 13 and older may walk the parade route, however, there is NO ON/OFF once the parade starts. The parade is approx. 1.5 miles. So please, be sure ALL children are able to walk the entire parade (per EventFest policy).
Thieves MUST be in full TSL costume –
1.) White dress and peplum, tanned-colored pantyhose, black “boy-shorts” over panty hose, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
2.) Tunic, peplum, black leggings, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
3.) Black skirt, vest, top/sleeves, tanned-colored pantyhose, black “boy-shorts” over panty hose, TSL garter (on right leg), black knee-high boots
4.) TSL hat, TSL headband, TSL cape can be worn day of parade.
Adult parent/guest Costumes – Black bottoms (pants, capris), white shirt, and closed toed shoes/boots. NO sandals/flip flops. Pirate accessories recommended!
Children – Pirate outfit recommended! Black bottoms, white shirt, pirate accessories, and closed toed shoes/boots NO sandals/flip flops.
Beads: TSL bead colors – red, gold, white, black. You may add a variety of colors for this parade.
Please RSVP. Thank you